Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Healthy Summer Treat


Check out this recipe in the new blog

www.nutrizonia.com






Orange Milk Pudding Recipe 

Summer is here at last, and cold deserts are overwhelming; ice creams and other deserts are loaded with sugar and fat, so I tried to come up with healthy desert for you 
When I was a child, my mom used to make this recipe in the summer, it's healthy, easy to make and satisfying,and it's cost efficient, last week while I was searching the internet for healthy deserts, this desert just popped up in my head, so I searched again and I found this recipe Sanaa cooks
and I just found it's exactly like mom's recipe !
 
This is a traditional Middle Eastern recipe
 
Lets start , 
 
Milk layer: (in the bottom)

2 cups of Milk (whole milk)

2 Tb of Sugar 
 
2 Tb of Cornstarch 
 
Drops of Rose Water  


Orange layer :

2 cups of Fresh Orange Juice 

2 Tb of Sugar 

2 Tb of Cornstarch 

Add sugar & cornstarch to the milk while it's still cold, then heat it and stir constantly until you have the desired consistency, (it should be thick), pour it in  cups or any other plate you like, and let it cool in the fridge at least for 2 hours 

Do the same for the orange layer, then pour it above the milk layer, let it cool for 1 day or overnight 
 
You can add nuts, whole or crushed, cinnamon, shaved coconut , or a drizzle of honey !

I 'll leave you with some pictures  






Photos are taken by Haytham Hajir



Note: Unfortunately I had to add more Cornstarch because it wasn't as thick as I wanted, so I doubled the amount for each layer, but I advice you not do this unless you feel it's not thick enough.


This recipe yields 8 Serving, each one has: 


 
This is based on the doubled cornstarch amount

Any topping may increase the calories 

No comments:

Post a Comment